Training Mode Improvements

Post your suggestions of plugin improvements here. All suggestions are much appreciated.
chessnagar

Training Mode Improvements

Post by chessnagar » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi Alf:
The current "Tactics Training" is great...but we have scope to improve further. In the training is it possible to show the moves as we make (needs tactics to support template 5) and then display the annotations (from the PGN) that are available up to the current move and then wait for the user to make the next move and so on?

Also, in the training, certain positions might be key positions where we want the user to think+make moves and skip (computer will automate these skip moves) certain moves and then again provide a key position and so on....and when the last move is made, the puzzle is over. Probably, we can use use the diagram marker{#} annotation in the PGN to show the key positions where the user has to make a move and a different attribute in the [pgn] to specify this kind of tactic/training mode.

Thanks
ChessNagar

alf
Site Admin

Re: Training Mode Improvements

Post by alf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 pm

ChessNagar,

Yes, moves as you make them is possible. It's just not used in the tactic template at the moment. I will make a tactic template similar to Game template 5.

Regarding your second suggestion:
* I have thought about ways to make the tactics more interactive. I have some ideas for a "Lesson Creator" tool, which is similar to the game editor, but where you instead

* Create a movie/playlist/lesson where the game(or multiple games/positions) is the movie. You can then add actions like
- start/stop autoplay
- Enable tactic features at some point
- Show arrows and highlighted squares

One example is a lesson on pinned pieces etc. If you have ICC(Internet Chess Club), I'm thinking about something similar to the MrSpock lessons.

To automate this process(or parts of it) from pgn is very interesting. To use {#} as you suggested is probably unique enough. It's definitely short and sweet :)

I see that clock notations are using something like:

{[%clk 1:59:56]}

so either your {#} or {[#]} ?

Please keep your ideas coming. It's very helpful for me.

Idochesswork

Post by Idochesswork » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:51 am

Hi alf and chessnagar,

One more idea is to let the AI play the [fen] as a defender for the position. Please have a look here:

http://chessfield.org/chess-puzzles/8

I think that tactic puzzles of this site runs this way. The user can make whatever move. If the target move-limit is reach, but the problem is not yet solved, it would be marked as failed and ask user to try again. I think it would be more interactive.

alf
Site Admin

Post by alf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:49 am

Hi,

There are some good suggestions here

I will take things step by step. What I'm planning on implementing this weekend is the possibility(from all templates) to enter a computer mode where you can play current position against Stockfish JS. There will be a button for entering and exiting Computer mode.

If you have any thoughts or ideas on this, please share :).

This will be a PRO feature.